Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm a sucker for guys in eyeliner


Billie Joe Armstrong. Mike Dirnt. Tre Cool.

Green Day.

One of the perks of living in this area is the line-up of concerts that come our way. Had I not moved up here, I would have never had one of the best concert experiences to date.

Now, I'm no concert rookie; my top-10 includes Pearl Jam, the Ramones, Beastie Boys, NIN, David Bowie, Weezer and REM.

Simply put: I'm a concert junkie. This being said, I wanted -- no, needed -- to see Green Day. But I missed my opportunity to get tickets to the Atlantic City show. There I was like an addict thinking about throwing down $200+ for a ticket from an "online ticket agent."

But I didn't. I figured I didn't get the tickets for a reason.

I was right. I ended up with more than I could have imagined: four floor tickets to Green Day at Giants Stadium.

GIANTS STADIUM! GREEN DAY!

Before I knew it, the concert was upon us. I was skeptical. Stadium shows are notorious for being bad; unless you get really good seats, you usually can't even see the band. I didn't know if I would be able to see anything from the floor.

My friend Stephanie and I arrived early to stake out a place on the floor and to get some over-priced food in our stomachs.

This was it, the moment of truth.

The truth was awesome.

Unbeknownst to me, we were able to get arms' length from the stage. There they were in full view; it was mind-blowing. I had been waiting to see them since I was in high school.

And like a schoolgirl, I screamed with glee the moment they took the stage. I sang my heart out to each song and threw my hands up when Billie Joe told us too. It was a moment.

During one of the sets, I did a 360-degree turn. When else was I going to be on the turf of Giants Stadium with a sold-out crowd? It was one of those moments where I realized, "Dude, I'm living in Jersey."

So there it was, one of the best shows I've seen, fireworks and all.

THANK YOU NEW JERSEY!
*Imagine a microphone in hand, standing on a stage*

On the iPod: Bush, "Sixteen Stone"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To stop the spam comments, go to your dashboard under settings, then comments, then enable word verification.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home